Narrated by… insert your name!
To get gigs as an audio book narrator list with Entertainment Depot. If you are a professional audio book narrator, professional storyteller, TV or stage actor, writer-comedian, performer who is experienced in a recording studio send us your information. We also invite new, aspiring voice actors, voice students, actors who are new to the industry and those returning to the entertainment industry. We believe each read is a performance, if you have the skills and love to read, please contact us.
We match narrators with authors! And authors/books with narrators
We are predominantly a booking agency, we promote and obtain work for our talent. Entertainment Depot does not charge narrators a listing free. It is free to list your bio and sound samples. We manage the narrators promotional pages, bookings and payments.
What we require, narrators…
- Please email your bio, info, narrator experience etc in a word doc. Please tell us your age, as we need to place you in the right category, young, mature..
- Advise us on the categories/genre’s you are not interested in.
- We only publish your experience, genre preferences and sound samples
- We do not require a photo, we are promoting your voice, not your appearance, age, etc.
- Sound samples in MP 3 format: Duration: Minimum one minute. Maximum five minutes in total. Reading a book or script. We prefer 3 x one minute samples.
Option not to display your sound sample: please advise if you do not wish to be promoted publicly on our ‘Voices’ pages. We have a ‘on request only’ VIP database. You will be promoted/recommended personally, in-house directly to authors.
- Narrators are required to provide us professional sound samples, whether displayed publicly on our web pages or not.
- Should the author/rights owner request a sound sample reading directly from the book, an audition, the narrator will supply at their own cost, unless otherwise arranged with the author/client.
- Authors/rights owners and publishers decide on the narrator/s they hire.
- For every hour of recording, approximately 3 hours can be taken up on editing, thus we require experienced narrators
- Narrator’s are paid per finished hour i.e. the final-finished audio book (the sell-able ready to purchase audio book)
- Entertainment Depot is not involved in the final decision making process. We act purely as booking agents for the narrator/s and as consultants for authors/rights owners.
Book Genre’s: Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Adventures | Arts
- Biographies/Memoirs | Business
- Children’s | Classics
- Comedy | Contemporary
- Crime | Drama | Entertainment
- Fantasy | Fiction
- Gay &Lesbian
- Health & Fitness
- Historical Fiction
- History | Horror | Humour
- Language |LGBTQI
- Mysteries & Thrillers
- New Age |Non-Fiction
- Paranormal |Poetry | Religion
- Science & Technology
- Science Fiction
- Self Development | Self Help
- Spiritual & Spirituality
- Sports | Suspense |Teens | Travel
- Voice Ranges: low to mid, mid-range & mid to high
- Articulate | Authoritative
- Booming | Brooding |Child-like
- Comedic | Cowboy- Aussie outback
- Deadpan |Enthusiastic |Excited
- Feminine | Flirtatious
- Hippy – groovy like
- Host/Interviewer | Husky
- Hysterical |Informed, professor
- Inspirational | Intimidating
- Mature Age | Melodramatic
- Motivational speaker
- Nasal | Perky | Persuasive
- Raspy | Refined | Resonant
- Reverent | Rough/edgy
- Sarcastic | Seductive/Sexy/Sultry
- Sheepish | Smooth & Sophisticated
- Upper Class | Urban/Street
- Warm | Wistful | Youthful