Authors, we find your celebrity voice/character for your audio book. Send us your wish list, we do the rest.
Narrators Wanted: it is free to list. We manage your page and all bookings.
Invitation to new, aspiring voice actors, students and those returning to the entertainment industry
What we require, narrators…
- Please email your bio, info, narrator experience etc in a word doc.
- Tell us your age, as we need to place you in the right category, young, mature. We don’t display your age, not needed.
- Advise us on the categories/genre’s you are not interested in.
- We only publish your experience, genre preferences and sound samples
- We do not require a photo, we are promoting your voice, not your appearance
- Sound samples in MP 3 format: Duration: Minimum one minute. Maximum five minutes in total. Reading a book or script. We prefer 3 x one minute samples.
Option not to display your sound sample: please advise if you do not wish to be promoted publicly on our ‘Voices’ pages. We have a ‘on request only’ VIP database. You will be promoted/recommended personally, in-house directly to authors.
- Narrators are required to provide us professional sound samples, whether displayed publicly on our web pages or not.
- Should the author/rights owner request a sound sample reading directly from the book, an audition, the narrator will supply at their own cost, unless otherwise arranged with the author/client.
- Authors/rights owners and publishers decide on the narrator/s they hire.
- For every hour of recording, approximately 3 hours can be taken up on editing, thus we require experienced narrators
- Narrator’s are paid per finished hour i.e. the final-finished audio book (the sell-able ready to purchase audio book)
- Entertainment Depot is not involved in the final decision making process. We act purely as booking agents for the narrator/s and as consultants for authors/rights owners
- We also invite new, aspiring voice actors, voice students, actors who are new to the industry and those returning to the entertainment industry. We believe each read is a performance, if you have the skills and love to read, please contact us.
Our celebrity voices include…
Scherrie Payne, an original member of The Supremes – brilliant USA accent
Lynda Lawrence, an original member of The Supremes – deeper voice, also a great voice
Midge Ure, OBE, Scottish musician. Thin Lizzy, Visage & Ultravox – best Scottish accent, often on tour in Australia. Co writer ‘Do they know it’s Christmas. Organized Band Aid, Live Aid with Bob Geldof.
Glynn Nicholas, one of favourite comedians, comedy pitch, lots of voices and characters in his repertoire
And…many others, comedians and musicians. Actors are a bit harder because of their availability, but hey, we can check for you.
- Voice Ranges: low to mid, mid-range & mid to high
- Articulate | Authoritative
- Booming | Brooding |Child-like
- Comedic | Cowboy- Aussie outback
- Deadpan |Enthusiastic |Excited
- Feminine | Flirtatious
- Hippy – groovy like
- Host/Interviewer | Husky
- Hysterical |Informed, professor
- Inspirational | Intimidating
- Mature Age | Melodramatic
- Motivational speaker
- Nasal | Perky | Persuasive
- Raspy | Refined | Resonant
- Reverent | Rough/edgy
- Sarcastic | Seductive/Sexy/Sultry
- Sheepish | Smooth & Sophisticated
- Upper Class | Urban/Street
- Warm | Wistful | Youthful
Book Genre’s: Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Adventures | Arts
- Biographies/Memoirs | Business
- Children’s | Classics
- Comedy | Contemporary
- Crime | Drama | Entertainment
- Fantasy | Fiction
- Health & Fitness
- Historical Fiction
- History | Horror | Humour
- Mysteries & Thrillers
- New Age |Non-Fiction
- Paranormal |Poetry | Religion
- Science & Technology
- Science Fiction
- Self Development | Self Help
- Spiritual & Spirituality